REVIEW: Eucerin Original Extra Thick Creme



Hi everyone

Two blog posts ago I wrote about my struggle with itchy skin and the body butter I used. The body butter worked for a while, but I still have times that I itch like crazy. Crazy to the point where I want to scratch my skin off, it sounds terrible but it's the honest truth.

My mom came home one day and told me about these tubs of crème she saw at the pharmacy. We went to Dischem that following weekend to check it out. There were 3 different ones and I didn't know which one to chose. I chose this extra thick one for very dry compromised skin. It promises to seal in moisture and restore the skin's barrier.

On the back it says:
  • Emollient-rich formula seals in moisture
  • Soothes and protects very dry, compromised skin
  • Relieves dry skin associated with eczema, psoriasis, or drying medications
  • to minimise the risk of skin irritation and allergies, no parabens, fragrance or colourants have been added
  • Recommended by Dermatologists and Pediatricians
Reading this, it truly spoke to me.

I've been using this for about a week and I honestly haven't itched once. I've never been so happy with a crème, lotion or body butter. It is really thick and kind of sticky. After applying it to my skin it feels sticky and a bit greasy. It takes about an hour to really go into my skin and then there is no stickiness or greasiness. It leaves my skin feeling super soft and smooth. My skin use to feel a bit flaky and a bit ruff, but no more. I am so happy.

It is kind of pricy at R169.95 for 454g, but I'll have to wait and see for how long I use this tub. It works so well, I can't imagine using something else. Obviously I'm not sponsored or anything and I only give honest reviews. The greasiness of this crème worries me a bit, because I wear stockings in the winter and I'm not sure how this will work.

This crème only has 7 ingredients and I read up on each of them bit. This is what I found:
  • Water
  • Petrolatum which is most commonly known as petroleum jelly which is a lubricant.
  • Mineral oil. This oil is made from petroleum that is colourless and odourless. This helps to reduce water loss from the skin.
  • Ceresin is a mineral wax which is derived from coal and shale, this is used to thicken the product.
  • Lanolin alcohol acts as lubricants on the skin surface which gives the skin a soft and smooth appearance.
  • Phenoxyethanol is used as a preservative to limit bacterial growth and a stabilizer. I found a source saying that infants shouldn't be exposed to this ingredient, maybe just ask your doctor if you are unsure about thus.
  • Piroctone olamine destroys the fungus infection that is responsible for dandruff and works against the formation of new dandruff.
This is all very interesting to me. I am really happy with this product. If you are struggling with itchy skin and haven't tried it yet, give this a try.

If you have any questions for me about this product or my condition, I can be reached on Instagram @con_hypothyroidism and I'm also on Facebook Congenital Hypothyroidism. I really love talking to you guys.

Have a great day
xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New beginnings

Third month on Eltroxin New Formulation

After exams