Brown eyeshadow makeup look




Hi everyone

Today's blog is about how I got this makeup look yesterday when I was out and about in Stellenbosch. I am no expert, this look came from lots of practice. None of this is sponsored of course.

My skin type: dry and acne prone. I have freckles, which I don't want to cover with my makeup. I just want to cover the redness I have and some spots and make my skin look the same colour all over as well as healthy.

Before I apply my makeup:
I wash my face, apply toner with a cotton pad and then I moisturize. After this I also apply sunscreen that especially for your face. I use:

Bioderma Photoderm Max 50+
It is a bit pricy at R215 for 40ml, but I use it for months.
It doesn't leave my skin feeling sticky or greasy and works great underneath my makeup. It just needs some time to settle into my skin. So after applying this I get dressed and do my hair, then I do my makeup.
The foundation I use has Spf in it, but here in South Africa and walking a lot outside like students do it is easy to burn without realizing it and of course it is better in the long run.




I use a damp beauty sponge to apply my foundation, the one I use is from Lottie London and can be purchased in Edgars, Red Square and Foschini in South Africa for about R130.
I use about one pump of Rimmel London Match Perfection foundation in the shade Ivory for my whole face and then about half a pump for my neck, below my chin and any part of my face that needs a bit more. This foundation promises to keep the skin hydrated for 24 hours, honestly really does my skin never feels dry throughout the day when I use it. It also promises to: "soft-focus powers help reduce imperfections, pores & dark circles". Because I'm always tired, I have dark circles underneath my eyes, it is not puffy so this foundation is great. This is a medium coverage foundation, so I don't look like I've put on a mask. This foundation really lasts the whole day and only costs about R180.


To cover those dark circles under my eyes I use Catrice Liquid Camouflage Concealer which costs about R70. It is also waterproof, which is great if you shed a tear. I use my ring fingers to blend this in with light tapping motions. I also use this concealer to cover up the spots I may be having and blend it in with my beauty sponge.




Next step is to use this Yardley Translucent Base powder which costs about R140 to set my makeup. I use my beauty sponge to bake the side of my nose, where my glasses rest on my nose, and underneath my eyes. Then I use this bog brush to pat power on the rest of my face. If I have a big spot on my face, I bake there too. I leave the powder baking on my face while I do my eye makeup.



I use this Palladio brow powder (about R90) in the shade brown to colour in my eyebrows with this Essence eyebrow brush (about R35).
I use this light brown essence eyeshadow in my crease using this brush. Unfortunately, I don't know what the name of the colour is, but these shadows sell for about R35.

I use this Essence eyeshadow brush (about R35) to apply this Essence eyeshadow called the velvets in Mr. mocca-bean (about R45) all over my eyelid with light pressing motions.




Then I lightly brush off the powder that was baking on my face with that big brush.


I apply about 3 coats of Essence Volume Stylist Mascara which costs about R65.

Lastly I apply Palladio baked bronzer (about R145) in the shade Atlantic tan using this brush below my cheekbones and on my forehead.

That's it, simple, easy and affordable. Please comment below and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Follow me on Instagram: @con_hypothyroidism

Hope you have a great day
xoxo





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New beginnings

Third month on Eltroxin New Formulation

After exams