The medication that helps me be the best version of myself

Hi everyone

I hope you are having an amazing day so far. Today I want to share with you the medication I'm taking and how I'm making sure that I'm the best version of myself.

I'm currently taking 100mg of Euthyrox every morning before breakfast. The pamphlet inside says you should take it 30 minutes before breakfast, but I honestly don't do that. I asked my doctor about it and she says it doesn't make a difference, just take it before eating. Please consult your own doctor about this.

I took Eltroxin since I was born and switched to Euthyrox about two years ago. The medical aid stopped paying the full amount for Eltroxin but pay the full about for Euthyrox. I switched from the one to the other without feeling any different and taking the same amount. The packaging and the taste differ. I use to chew the Eltroxin, but now take the Euthyrox with water. Don't worry, I asked the doctor if it was ok to chew the Eltroxin.

Currently I take 100mg, it has changed throughout the years. I've been hypo and hyper. The thing is that the results from the blood tests aren't always the only indicator. On the results they look at a range where T3 and T4 should be in. Sometimes my results have been in range, but I was experiencing some symptoms of being hyper or hypo. When I was hyper I couldn't sleep, I was sleeping for six hours even if I was n bed for nine, I wasn't tired at all and my hands were vibrating like crazy. I could tell I was hypo when I had no energy at all, felt depressed and emotional. I try to just be aware of how I truly feel and communicate with my doctor. If my results are showing normal and something doesn't feel right, I tell my doctor. It is very important to take note about how you are physically and emotionally feeling. In my experience I've also been hyper when I'm going through a stressful time like lots of tests or exams, but then my doctor doesn't necessarily adjust my medication unless I'm having symptoms.

I'm registered as chronic with my medical aid, they pay for my monthly medication, my blood draws and doctors appointments which involves my Hypothyroidism. I get my blood drawn every six months and go to the doctor the next week. If I'm having symptoms that I'm not suppose to have or I'm feeling something is wrong I go get my blood drawn and go to the doctor even if it's not been six months after my last test. It is very important to go get your blood drawn as your doctor tells you. If you think about it, who wants to feel bad when they can be the best version of themselves? All you need to do is listen to your doctor and take good care of yourself.

I'm not going to lie to you, it some times really sucks to have Hypothyroidism. Yes I still have symptoms that I struggle with every day. Being the best version of yourself means you can still do the things you have to and want to do every day with the most possible energy, strength and emotion. Even if you are feeling tired every single day you till manage to do everything you set your mind to. Don't every let anybody tell you you can't do something, of course you can! Just remember to take good care of yourself.

Have a lovely day
        xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New beginnings

Third month on Eltroxin New Formulation

After exams