My acne tips and tricks


Hi everyone

I am no expert, but I would like to share some tips and tricks I use or do to prevent or get rid of my acne. I'm not talking about products I use, I'm really no expert and you have seen my skincare routine.

When I wash my face:
I use clean hands and I have a separate towel that I use only for my face. I wash this towel regularly.
I also exfoliate once a week at night and the next morning some of the acne is just in such a better condition.
I wash my face twice a day every single day no matter how tired I am, this is super important!

Other things I wash regularly:
My beauty blender is deep cleaned every weekend with a bar of soap and leave to completely dry.
Pillow cases and sheets. Remember your face touches this every single day.
Makeup brushes

Things I avoid during the day:
Touching my face unnecessarily, with this I mean like when in thought, in class and while studying.
I'm at university so the computers are used by lots of different people throughout the day, so every time after using a computer I wash my hands. Not only hygienic, but imagine touching your face with those hands.
Hair on my face. I always feel like I get acne when I don't wash my hair, but maybe that's just all in my mind.

About makeup:
The thing about acne and makeup is that it can cover things up but it will never make the spots flat and smooth. You know what I'm ok with it and honestly it still sucks some times. There are a few things you can do to cover things up.
I've tried green concealer and a full coverage concealer a shade or two lighter than my skin. The full coverage just works better for me. I'm no makeup or skin expert, but this is what's working for me. Same thing with those dark circles under my eyes. Colour correcting just doesn't seem to work for me. I use medium coverage foundation, I've never tried full coverage, for me it's about having my face look healthy and the same colour. I still want to be able to see my freckles.
Very important step is to remove your makeup before going to bed and before washing your face.

I hope you find some of these tips and tricks useful, please let me know if they do.

Hope you have a great day
xoxo

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New beginnings

Third month on Eltroxin New Formulation

After exams