Does exfoliating work?


Hi everyone

About a month I decided I wanted to try exfoliating. I exfoliate my face once a week and it helps to get rid of my dead skin and some acne. I've never exfoliated my body before.

I was just thinking that I was applying lotion or creme my skin, but does it really completely wash off or does it just build up on my skin? I honestly don't know the answer to these questions. This is why I decided to try exfoliating so my skin can be completely free of any products before I apply any lotion, body butter or creme.

I bought this exfoliating mat as Dischem for about R30 (about 2.24 USD), which is really inexpensive. I use it with my Dove soap. What is nice about this mat is that you don't have to buy any expensive or additional products to exfoliate. This is great, especially if you are on a budget or a student like me.

The first time I exfoliated it felt really strange, it feels like I was scratching an itch and I was going all over a bit hard. I only figured out afterwards that I went to hard at it as a got some redness on my skin. But my skin has never felt that soft and smooth before, free of any dead skin.

Now, I exfoliate every day if I am not shaving. In the bath I soak the mat in the water, apply lots of soap and then gently go all over. The same way I would go about to wash myself.

What I've found was that my skin isn't as itchy any more and as you all know that is the thing I struggle with. It has also helped me with some ingrown hair situations, which is great! I am so glad that this works for my sensitive and dry skin. I will continue to do this and use this products. For pros and cons read here.

Have a lovely day
xoxo

Follow me on Instagram & Facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New beginnings

Third month on Eltroxin New Formulation

After exams