Turning 23 & reflecting

Photo credit: @megan_arendse
Hi everyone

I turn 23 a week ago. We didn't do anything special, because we're in the middle of exams. I stuffed my face with pizza from the day before and on the day. We had pizza for lunch on my birthday and I had to study for my exam the day after. It was all good and relaxed. The exam went really well, but only the marks will be able to tell. 

I definitely do not feel 23. With certain things I feel older and others I feel the same. I'm busy with my last year of studies, I graduated last year and I'm now doing my postgrad in education. It is the last year of student life, which means another season will be ending for me in a few months and then another will start. I'm in that period when you are excited but scared at the same time, which is completely normal. I have to apply for jobs and then my adult life begins. All of which are big steps to exciting and new things. 

This year I've made the most amazing friends. I made friends with people I feel comfortable with to be myself all the time. I feel seen, loved and appreciated. I'm going to miss them so much next year. I received lovely messages and voicenotes, which made me cry some happy tears. 

Health wise, I feel great too. I get along with the amount of sleep life gives me. As studies and living at home doesn't always allow me to sleep for 8+ hours. The skin on my legs are very happy, I will update you more on that later. I don't itch to the point of crying anymore. I still get some breakouts on my skin, but very manageable. I feel like I have energy for all I need to and want to do, which is so great because only a few months ago it was the complete opposite.

What I got for my birthday:


I got this cooler bag from my family. It is perfect, I didn't realize I needed it until I got it. It is perfect for when I'm going to do my school practical starting July and also as future teacher. It is a cooler bag without looking like a children's one. Big enough for my food and water. Also got some lovely chocolates in there.

This beautiful magnet was with my family present. It's on my lamp now, but I will put it on my future fridge. Feeling so much love.

This bracelet I received from one of my best friends and her other half. It is silver, simple, elegant and beautiful. I haven't taken it off since I got it and that is where it will stay. It matches my silver necklaces that I also never take off. 

I spoiled myself with these with my birthday money. The eyelash curler is rose gold and easy to use. It was R47 at Clicks. Wet n wild Coloricon eyeshadow palette in Comfort Zone. The colours are beautiful and exciting, can be used every day and blends like a dream. It costs R110 at Clicks.

I am both excited and scared for all that is yet to come. Thanks for everyone that made my day special. 

Have an amazing day
xoxo

Follow me on Instagram & Facebook
Feel free to send me any messages or comment below

Main photo of this post was taken by Megan Arendse, follow her here on Instagram. 
Thank you so much Megan 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New beginnings

Third month on Eltroxin New Formulation

After exams