I'm doing my teaching practical, am I coping?

Hi everyone

As some of you might know, I'm busy doing my Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). Part of this course, is doing practical teaching at a school.

It's 6 weeks out of 9 weeks at the moment. I am coping. I'm not too tired, I can still deal. I get all my work done, because of good planning and enough sleep. I'm not going to lie, I am tired but not too tired that I can't function properly every day.

Apart from what I have to do as a student, I have also been substituting for a teacher for the last 3 weeks. The school doesn't have enough teachers to teach this teacher's classes and I'm the only student teacher qualified enough to to the job. In other words, I've been a full time teacher these last three weeks while also doing all my student work. It has been a very good experienced filled with all the good and bad times of teaching, but I have been given the opportunity to learn so much more than the average student. I've been given a classroom of my own, classes to teach and no one is telling me to do so the planning is all in my own hands.

Taking all of this into consideration, I've really been coping. Once again, planning is the key to me taking care of myself while also being able to do everything that I should. 

If I can give you one piece of advice today, it is to plan your daily lives. Plan what you are going to do every day. Planning what work you need to do, by setting goals of what you want to achieve makes it faster and easier to achieve. You will be less stressed, will have time for your loved ones and time for yourself. 

I hope this has given you some inspiration.

Have a lovely day
xoxo

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New beginnings

Third month on Eltroxin New Formulation

After exams