Self care should be habits

I made these scrunchies myself.
Photo credit: @erikswart7

Hey everyone

We see many articles and YouTube videos about self care, but I believe we should make self care our habits. We should do things that enable us to take care of ourselves and make time for some special self care.

Here is a list of things that should be habits:
  • Take your medication before breakfast
  • Wash your face with suitable face wash daily
  • Use moisturiser/lotion/body butter that works for you
  • Wear spf daily
  • Exfoliate daily
  • Try to drink enough water
  • Exercise (walking and climbing stairs count)
  • Know your limits and don't feel bad when you can't do something
  • Be honest with yourself about the things you can and cannot physically do. Your body knows best
  • Get at least 7.5 hours of sleep
  • Set goals about what you need/want to do today
  • Plan your day & week
My point is that everyone shouldn't tell us how to take care of yourself, tips are informative and I give them to you too, but you should make a conscious decision to take care of yourself. Make self care a habit. By doing so, you will be able to do more, enjoy more and be healthy. They say it can take more that two months to form a habit, but it depends from person to person. 

We need to take care of ourselves to function and to be the best version of ourselves. It improves our mood, productivity and interactions with people in our lives. It is important to remember that your body knows what is best. You will know when you feel different from what you should be feeling. I've been overactive and underactive. Because I've been like this all my life, I know when something is wrong. Please don't feel bad if you physically can't do the things you planned for the day. Some days you plan to do the washing and when the day comes around you can feel completely exhausted. If it doesn't have to happen right away, take some quiet time. Do it when you feel better. Some times you have to tell yourself: "I've done enough for today".

I hope you have a lovely day
xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New beginnings

Third month on Eltroxin New Formulation

After exams